Scroll down for the LATEST NEWS
See our @jboatsaustralia Facebook page
- J/99 ‘Jazz’ Connecticut to BermudaGreat story and video of the “rescue mission” that was undertaken by J/Boats co-founder Rodney Johnstone and his nephew Clay Burkhalter to sail to Bermuda from Stonington, CT with two friends of theirs. The goal was to deliver the owner of a beautiful 65-footer that lay on a mooring at St George’s Bay in easternContinue reading “J/99 ‘Jazz’ Connecticut to Bermuda”
- Virtual Regatta and the J/70J Boats and J Composites have engaged a partnership with Virtual Regatta to integrate the J/70 into the platform’s Inshore game. With more than 300,000 worldwide players, Virtual Regatta is the undisputed leader in e-sailing. It was natural that the J/70 would exist in the game, being the market leader one-design with more than 1600Continue reading “Virtual Regatta and the J/70”
- 50th J/99 launchedJ/99 #50 has left our shipyard. A symbolic number, but the goal is not to stop there! Fifteen orders are still to be manufactured and during Covid lockdown, requests have kept coming. J/99 fleets are starting to form around the World. The versatility of the J/99 is the force that allows this, adapting the boatContinue reading “50th J/99 launched”
- J/133 Patriot – Interview about her success in 75th Sydney to Hobart Race 2019With thanks to JUNGLE Jason Swifte Major Tom Media for their production of this video interview with the J/133 Patriot crew from Sandringham Yacht Club. Jason Close entered Patriot in the 2018 Sydney Hobart race but unfortunately had to retire after striking an object and breaking the rudder. Determined to see the finish line onContinue reading “J/133 Patriot – Interview about her success in 75th Sydney to Hobart Race 2019”
- J/99 First ImpressionsWe’re looking forward to enjoying more short-handed and fully crewed sailing in the new J/99. Our first trial sails have been awesome – the J/99 is so very easy to sail, super responsive, light sheet loadings, lots of adjustment, and very stiff. The single rudder has great grip with a light and balanced feel. ThereContinue reading “J/99 First Impressions”
- Jeff Johnstone and the J/99Jeff Johnstone (CEO of J/Boats) talks about the development of the J/99, and his experiences racing this new exciting model. Click the image below for the interview.
- ‘ELEGANCE’ range – interview with J/CompositesIn association with Key Yachting, please click the image below for a link to an interview with Frederic Bouvier from J/Composites France on the multi-purpose ‘ELEGANCE’ range incorporating the J/97E, J/112E and J/122E. Frederic gives great insight into the design and construction of the boats and the thought behind the development of the ‘E’ range,Continue reading “‘ELEGANCE’ range – interview with J/Composites”
- J/111 Scarlet Runner – Lincoln Race WeekThe end of February saw the start of the 70th ‘Teakle Classic’ Adelaide to Port Lincoln Yacht Race, followed by Lincoln Race Week comprising six races over four days on the waters of St Vincent’s and Spencer Gulfs in South Australia. The event starts with the 160nm Adelaide to Port Lincoln Race which starts offContinue reading “J/111 Scarlet Runner – Lincoln Race Week”
- J/99 launched in AustraliaWe are pleased to announce the first J/99 has launched in Sydney.
- J/121 ‘Incognito’ wins 160nm Fort Lauderdale to Key West RaceThe third week of January has traditionally marked the start of the American offshore sailing season on the East Coast. That event was the Fort Lauderdale to Key West Race that started January 23rd, 2020. The race is a 160.0nm dash down the eastern Florida coastline, bound by the Florida Keys reefs to starboard andContinue reading “J/121 ‘Incognito’ wins 160nm Fort Lauderdale to Key West Race”
- J/111 Australian ChampionshipsThanks to Rob from J/111 Scarlet Runner for the following report from the J/111 Championships, plus some nail-bitingly awesome photos showing the close racing: “The 2020 Australian J/111 Championships were held over the ‘Australia Day’ long weekend as part of Festival of Sails in Geelong, Victoria. The Festival of Sails is the largest annual keelContinue reading “J/111 Australian Championships”
- THE J/BOATS DIFFERENCEBUILD QUALITY = SAILING PLEASURE CONSTRUCTION AT ITS BEST What is infusion? Sandwich construction using infusion methods is one of the most technological and cutting-edge processes in the marine construction market. With traditional lamination, an operator applies the resin to the materials by hand. With infusion, there is less human contact with the resin, henceContinue reading “THE J/BOATS DIFFERENCE”
- J/133 ‘Patriot’ wins IRC5 and ORCi4 in Rolex Sydney to Hobart RaceFantastic write up from Jason Close of J/133 ‘Patriot’ about their Rolex Sydney to Hobart win: “Our race plan was to sail at or as close to 100% polars for the entire race and leave nothing in the tank. With our fantastic pre race routing and forecasting prepared by weather and climate expert Jess SweeneyContinue reading “J/133 ‘Patriot’ wins IRC5 and ORCi4 in Rolex Sydney to Hobart Race”
- J/99 wins Sailing World Boat of the Year AwardJ/99 Awarded Sailing World BOAT OF THE YEAR 2020 Best Crossover – “The All-Purpose Machine”“It’s a boat that’s as powerful as it is versatile. It’s stiff upwind, and with the controls all led right, it’s a boat you can get a lot out of.”This is the third prestigious award for the J/99, in addition toContinue reading “J/99 wins Sailing World Boat of the Year Award”
- J/99 Wins SAIL Magazine Awards Best Performance Boat 31’+!Another great achievement for the new J/99, winning SAIL magazine Best Performance Boat 31+ Award. Here is some commentary from the SAIL Best Boats Judges: “It was a fun year for SAIL’s Best Boats judges with a number of mid-sized performance boats to sail trial. Alas, the downside to having so many boats to chooseContinue reading “J/99 Wins SAIL Magazine Awards Best Performance Boat 31’+!”
- J/99 Wins British Yachting Awards- Best Racing Yacht of the Year!We are excited to announce the J/99 has won the ‘Best Racing Yacht of the Year’ at the British Yachting Awards. Commentary from British Yachting Awards : “With shorthanded racing more popular than ever in 2019, this category was packed full of potential winners, each of whom had shown their class on the race course.Continue reading “J/99 Wins British Yachting Awards- Best Racing Yacht of the Year!”
- J/122 JOSS wins 100nm West CoasterJ/122 ‘Joss’ from Perth Western Australia is starting the new season the way they finished the last – winning! Last weekends race was 100nm West Coaster Ocean Race from Fremantle to Yanchep and return race hosted by Fremantle Sailing Club (FSC). 100nm doesn’t sound too bad unless the winds are forecast to be very light. Continue reading “J/122 JOSS wins 100nm West Coaster”
- J/70 Australian ChampionshipsThe Cruising Yacht Club of Australia (CYCA), home of the famous Sydney to Hobart offshore race, hosted the J/70 Australian Championship on Sydney Harbour on the weekend of October 19 and 20. A strong shifty westerly wind blowing from the land provided tough conditions on day one, with gusts over 30 knots and a particularlyContinue reading “J/70 Australian Championships”
- New J/99 coming to AustraliaWe are very pleased to announce the J/99 is coming to Australia, and due in early 2020. J/99 is a racer designed for a shorthanded, coastal or offshore race programme, and offers you a high-performance yacht with enhanced form stability combined with minimal wetted surface, able to adapt to your needs. The deck layout on the J/99Continue reading “New J/99 coming to Australia”
- A Family Affair – J/122E ‘Juno’ – 2019 Performance 40 ChampionChristopher Daniel’s J/122e Juno has won the 2019 Performance 40 Class Series by the narrowest margin, beating Mike Blair’s Cobra by just half a point in the six regatta series. “Chris and the Juno team are exactly what the Performance 40 Class is all about,” commented Performance 40 Class founder Dave Swete. “Juno is aContinue reading “A Family Affair – J/122E ‘Juno’ – 2019 Performance 40 Champion”
- J/121 and J/125s Crush 50th Transpac Race!J/125s crush 50th Transpac Race Overall! For the first time in the fifty years of Transpac Race history, a one-design class nearly swept the entire top five results overall- the famous J/125s!! Congrats to all four teams! Winning was Shawn Dougherty & Jason Andrews’s Seattle-based J/125 HAMACHI, taking both Division 3 and Overall honors. TakingContinue reading “J/121 and J/125s Crush 50th Transpac Race!”
- J/122 ‘JOSS’ – the epitome of the perfect yacht(Perth, Western Australia)- J/122 JOSS has been well-sailed and well-loved by her owner Ian Clyne since her launch in late 2012. She has cruised more than half way around Australia, departing from Sydney to Port Moresby (1,930nm), then across to Darwin (1,100nm), then onwards to her home in Perth WA (2,300nm)- a total distance ofContinue reading “J/122 ‘JOSS’ – the epitome of the perfect yacht”
- J/99 Review – by Pip Hare for Yachting World.Famous woman offshore racer- Pip Hare- did an in-depth review of the new J/99 offshore speedster for Yachting World. Her sailing “test” took place on the infamous Solent in United Kingdom. Click the cover image to read more and learn why she loved the boat!
- J/70 – Fast is FunA short video of our very own J/70 ‘Jedi’ racing at Pittwater, North of Sydney. What a blast – reaching 19.2knots! J/70 is such a brilliant boat to sail – we love it.
- J/122 ‘Joss’ wins 330nm Fremantle to Albany Race!Congratulations to Ian and the crew from J/122 “Joss” who won IRC Div 1 in the Fremantle to Albany Race, arriving in Albany at 4.30 am after 40hrs at sea in changing & challenging conditions. Read on for the crew report….. “We started in a light easterly at 11am Fri morning, the winds soon builtContinue reading “J/122 ‘Joss’ wins 330nm Fremantle to Albany Race!”
Subscribe to J/News
J/News is a weekly email from J/Boats Sailing Editor with racing and cruising news from around the World.