Scroll down for the LATEST NEWS
See our @jboatsaustralia Facebook page
- J/111 Scarlet Runner – Lincoln Race WeekThe end of February saw the start of the 70th ‘Teakle Classic’ Adelaide to Port Lincoln Yacht Race, followed by Lincoln Race Week comprising six races over four days on the waters of St Vincent’s and Spencer Gulfs in South Australia. The event starts with the 160nm Adelaide to Port Lincoln Race which starts offContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/99 launched in AustraliaWe are pleased to announce the first J/99 has launched in Sydney.
- J/121 ‘Incognito’ wins 160nm Fort Lauderdale to Key West RaceThe third week of January has traditionally marked the start of the American offshore sailing season on the East Coast. That event was the Fort Lauderdale to Key West Race that started January 23rd, 2020. The race is a 160.0nm dash down the eastern Florida coastline, bound by the Florida Keys reefs to starboard andContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/111 Australian ChampionshipsThanks to Rob from J/111 Scarlet Runner for the following report from the J/111 Championships, plus some nail-bitingly awesome photos showing the close racing: “The 2020 Australian J/111 Championships were held over the ‘Australia Day’ long weekend as part of Festival of Sails in Geelong, Victoria. The Festival of Sails is the largest annual keelContinue reading “NEWS”
- THE J/BOATS DIFFERENCEBUILD QUALITY = SAILING PLEASURE CONSTRUCTION AT ITS BEST What is infusion? Sandwich construction using infusion methods is one of the most technological and cutting-edge processes in the marine construction market. With traditional lamination, an operator applies the resin to the materials by hand. With infusion, there is less human contact with the resin, henceContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/133 ‘Patriot’ wins IRC5 and ORCi4 in Rolex Sydney to Hobart RaceFantastic write up from Jason Close of J/133 ‘Patriot’ about their Rolex Sydney to Hobart win: “Our race plan was to sail at or as close to 100% polars for the entire race and leave nothing in the tank. With our fantastic pre race routing and forecasting prepared by weather and climate expert Jess SweeneyContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/99 wins Sailing World Boat of the Year AwardJ/99 Awarded Sailing World BOAT OF THE YEAR 2020 Best Crossover – “The All-Purpose Machine”“It’s a boat that’s as powerful as it is versatile. It’s stiff upwind, and with the controls all led right, it’s a boat you can get a lot out of.”This is the third prestigious award for the J/99, in addition toContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/99 Wins SAIL Magazine Awards Best Performance Boat 31’+!Another great achievement for the new J/99, winning SAIL magazine Best Performance Boat 31+ Award. Here is some commentary from the SAIL Best Boats Judges: “It was a fun year for SAIL’s Best Boats judges with a number of mid-sized performance boats to sail trial. Alas, the downside to having so many boats to chooseContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/99 Wins British Yachting Awards- Best Racing Yacht of the Year!We are excited to announce the J/99 has won the ‘Best Racing Yacht of the Year’ at the British Yachting Awards. Commentary from British Yachting Awards : “With shorthanded racing more popular than ever in 2019, this category was packed full of potential winners, each of whom had shown their class on the race course.Continue reading “NEWS”
- J/122 JOSS wins 100nm West CoasterJ/122 ‘Joss’ from Perth Western Australia is starting the new season the way they finished the last – winning! Last weekends race was 100nm West Coaster Ocean Race from Fremantle to Yanchep and return race hosted by Fremantle Sailing Club (FSC). 100nm doesn’t sound too bad unless the winds are forecast to be very light. Continue reading “NEWS”
- J/70 Australian ChampionshipsThe Cruising Yacht Club of Australia (CYCA), home of the famous Sydney to Hobart offshore race, hosted the J/70 Australian Championship on Sydney Harbour on the weekend of October 19 and 20. A strong shifty westerly wind blowing from the land provided tough conditions on day one, with gusts over 30 knots and a particularlyContinue reading “NEWS”
- New J/99 coming to AustraliaWe are very pleased to announce the J/99 is coming to Australia, and due in early 2020. J/99 is a racer designed for a shorthanded, coastal or offshore race programme, and offers you a high-performance yacht with enhanced form stability combined with minimal wetted surface, able to adapt to your needs. The deck layout on the J/99Continue reading “NEWS”
- A Family Affair – J/122E ‘Juno’ – 2019 Performance 40 ChampionChristopher Daniel’s J/122e Juno has won the 2019 Performance 40 Class Series by the narrowest margin, beating Mike Blair’s Cobra by just half a point in the six regatta series. “Chris and the Juno team are exactly what the Performance 40 Class is all about,” commented Performance 40 Class founder Dave Swete. “Juno is aContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/121 and J/125s Crush 50th Transpac Race!J/125s crush 50th Transpac Race Overall! For the first time in the fifty years of Transpac Race history, a one-design class nearly swept the entire top five results overall- the famous J/125s!! Congrats to all four teams! Winning was Shawn Dougherty & Jason Andrews’s Seattle-based J/125 HAMACHI, taking both Division 3 and Overall honors. TakingContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/122 ‘JOSS’ – the epitome of the perfect yacht(Perth, Western Australia)- J/122 JOSS has been well-sailed and well-loved by her owner Ian Clyne since her launch in late 2012. She has cruised more than half way around Australia, departing from Sydney to Port Moresby (1,930nm), then across to Darwin (1,100nm), then onwards to her home in Perth WA (2,300nm)- a total distance ofContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/99 Review – by Pip Hare for Yachting World.Famous woman offshore racer- Pip Hare- did an in-depth review of the new J/99 offshore speedster for Yachting World. Her sailing “test” took place on the infamous Solent in United Kingdom. Click the cover image to read more and learn why she loved the boat!
- J/70 – Fast is FunA short video of our very own J/70 ‘Jedi’ racing at Pittwater, North of Sydney. What a blast – reaching 19.2knots! J/70 is such a brilliant boat to sail – we love it.
- J/122 ‘Joss’ wins 330nm Fremantle to Albany Race!Congratulations to Ian and the crew from J/122 “Joss” who won IRC Div 1 in the Fremantle to Albany Race, arriving in Albany at 4.30 am after 40hrs at sea in changing & challenging conditions. Read on for the crew report….. “We started in a light easterly at 11am Fri morning, the winds soon builtContinue reading “NEWS”
- Successful J/112E Debut in Sydney Inshore SeriesIn its first full race series since arriving in Australia, the stunning new J/112E ZEST finished an impressive 2nd overall in the Sydney Amateurs Sailing Club “Cruiser Racer series”. The full sixteen race series was held on stunning Sydney Harbour. Starting in September 2018 and finishing in mid-April 2019, the competitive fleet raced in aContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/111 Scarlet Runner 11 – Lincoln Week Regatta, South AustraliaRob Date and the crew from J/111 Scarlet Runner11 competed in 160nm Adelaide to Port Lincoln Race, followed by Teakle Classic Lincoln Week Regatta with 6 races over 4 days of racing at Port Lincoln. Rob’s J/111 home port is near Melbourne in Victoria, so the crew sailed the 550+nm trip to Adelaide against theContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/70 NSW State Championships – Sydney Harbour RegattaThe New South Wales J/70 state championship regatta was held in glorious warm weather on the first weekend of March on Sydney Harbour. Racing was held at the entrance of Sydney Harbour so the Pacific swell became a factor along with a flood tide and the occasional passing ferry during the next two races. ThisContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/99 Review by Seahorse Magazine“J/Boats is one of the world’s most successful brands, turning out a string of IRC winners. The new J/99 looks set to follow suit. In the shorthanded arena this one could be a killer… in the best possible way, of course!” ..- from Seahorse Magazine February 2019 Click the image below for the full J/99Continue reading “NEWS”
- J/121 JAVELIN wins AMS Div 1 at Festival of Sails, GeelongFor J/121 JAVELIN, the event kicked off with a 32nm passage race from St Kilda in Melbourne, across Port Philip Bay to Geelong. Two start lines of 230+ boats set off at 9.30am in light 4-5 knot southeast winds. J/121 JAVELIN was in the first start of 100+ yachts of all shapes and sizes, includingContinue reading “NEWS”
- JOUST Tops Australian J/111 NationalsOver the Australia Day Long Weekend, the RGYC Festival of Sails hosted the 2019 J/111 Australian Nationals, with the 5 boat fleet sailing 8 W/L races on the gorgeous Corio Bay. A great time was had by all as the sailing conditions were near perfect on the flat waters of Corio Bay, with winds rangingContinue reading “NEWS”
- J/Crews racing at Geelong Festival of Sails(Geelong, Vic, Australia)- A fleet of more than 270 boats will compete in the 2019 Festival of Sails, Australia’s biggest celebration of sailing, which kicks off with the 176th Passage Race from Melbourne to Geelong on Australia Day. The regatta runs from January 26th to 28th and is hosted by the Royal Geelong Yacht Club.Continue reading “NEWS”
Subscribe to J/News
J/News is a weekly email from J/Boats Sailing Editor with racing and cruising news from around the World.