INTRODUCING THE NEW J/9 FOR 2021
Responding to a growing need amongst sailors for a more comfortable, simpler and easy-to-own daysailer, J/Boats is excited to announce a sleek new 28 footer (the “J/9”) with perhaps the most comfortable cockpit and easiest-to-manage sailplan in this size range.
“With the J/9, we set out to reimagine how to make sailing easier, more relaxing and more inclusive,” said Jeff Johnstone of J/Boats. “This is a boat you can sail by yourself in just a few minutes or bring along friends and family with plenty of room to spare. Escaping to the water and enjoying shared family adventure has never been more important, and the J/9 is the perfect platform.”
The J/9 cockpit has four great corner seats to nestle into and enjoy the day. With friends and family aboard, everyone can find the perfect place to relax, and access is easy. A swim platform behind the cockpit allows walk-through boarding, and on those downwind sails, you can cool off dragging your feet in the water.
Sailing the J/9 is as easy as hoisting the mainsail and trimming the sheet. Why make it any more complicated? One tiller, one sheet. The big difference with the J/9 is you will be sailing with one sail comfortably and quicker. Ready for a bit more speed? Simply unroll the jib and enjoy effortless, stable & smooth sailing from the comforts of one of the best day sailer cockpits ever.
J/9 STANDARD FEATURES
• Easy-access cockpit with deep, secure 9’ (2.75m) cockpit seats and backrests, self-draining cockpit and step-on transom for easy swim platform boarding.
• A deck layout optimized for simplicity and efficiency with sail controls led to the cockpit.
• 20” (0.5m) lifelines and rails with starboard and transom boarding gates for secure boarding from a dock or a launch.
• Keel-stepped, tapered aluminium mast with single spreaders.
• Jib roller furling system with single-line self-tacking option.
• Tiller steering –the driver can comfortably sit with feet braced across the cockpit. At anchor, simply hinge up the tiller to expand one’s social area. And for solo sailors a belowdecks auto-pilot is available.
• Low VCG (vertical centre of gravity) 4.9’(1.45m) fixed keel standard, with shoal-draft 3.9’ (1.15m) optional.
• Auxiliary engine options: inboard diesel, inboard electric, or transom bracket for portable electric or 4-stroke outboard.
• Interior with main cabin seating, cooler, storage compartments, ventilation from two opening ports and skylight hatch, and a marine head system forward of the main bulkhead with privacy curtain and optional V-Berth package.
Built in Rhode Island, USA by CCF Composites